BEAUTY fans are cancelling their eyelash extension appointments in droves after witnessing one woman’s allergic reaction to the procedure.
The woman, called Cicely, took to TikTok to share a video documenting her extension journey – from the excitement ahead of getting the lashes to shocking footage from her hospital bed.
The woman, Cicely, was rushed to hospital after suffering an allergic reaction to her eyelash extensions[/caption]
Cicely looked normal as she headed to the appointment, excited for the lashes[/caption]
“Found out I had a new allergy yesterday,” Cicely wrote in the video, before adding that the unbelievable clips of her with hugely swollen eyes happened about 10 hours after the lashes were first applied.
While Cicely’s video prompted many people to admit they’d had similar allergic reactions, others admitted that they’ve had to rethink their own appointments because of her reaction.
“Omfgggg,” one woman wrote. “I have an appointment next week for the first time… cancelling after seeing this.
“Lord f**k. Hope your on the mend now girl.”
Another person added: “Stoppppp, is this a sign??
“I have my first ever lash extension appointment on the 5th. now I’m scared that I should stick to the stick on ones.”
Most read in Fabulous
I get told I'm a 'fraud’ because I do my makeup so well, I don't care I love it
Queen urges Wills to stop flying in helicopters with Kate & kids over safety fears
Trolls accuse me of giving my daughter a 'boy’s name' & slate my choice
Sexpert shares the bedroom act all women hate & why blokes need to listen up
I created bath bombs with my sister aged 10 – now our business makes £15m a YEAR
I jetted to Turkey for £16k mummy makeover to fix my saggy boobs, it's worth it
And a third added: “I cannot fathom why tt (TikTok) would show me this the day before my first appt.”
Others revealed that their allergic reactions had happened after many appointments for extensions in the past.
“Same exact thing happened to me after having lashes for 3 years,” someone wrote, while another added: “Extensions are awful.
“I did them for years and then suddenly was severely allergic. I looked the same.”
While someone else commented: “I react the EXACT same. Paid $180 for the lashes, then they all had to be removed.”
She looked delighted as she left the salon immediately after the appointment[/caption]
She lost her sight for around three or four hours after the reaction began[/caption]
After returning home, her eyes were still incredibly puffy and sore[/caption]
It’s unclear whether or not Cicely was allergic to the lashes themselves or the glue used to stick them on.
However, in another video, she responded to someone asking whether or not the reaction to her lashes was painful.
“The initial reaction itself was not very painful,” she recalled.
“My eyes swelled, my throat swelled, I was covered in hives and it became very very difficult to breathe.
“The only part that actually was really painful was the removal of the eyelashes, where they were constantly scraping with gauze and this lubricant stuff.”
She concluded: “I got my sight back within three or four hours. So overall, not bad.”
Cicely added that despite her reaction, she loved the lashes while she had them, and would never tell others not to have them done.
In other beauty news, this expert reveals how to give yourself an instant facelift.
This woman is a huge fan of Primark’s fake nails. insisting you can save hundreds on regular nail salon trips.
And despite this woman being called a catfish, she’s insisted she’s merely skilled with make-up.