Home Tv & Show What was Gabby Petito’s cause of death?

What was Gabby Petito’s cause of death?

549
0


GABBY Petito is presumed to be dead after authorities located a body in Wyoming matching her identity.

The 22-year-old had been missing for weeks after her fiance Brian Laundrie returned home without her during a cross-country road trip.

What was Gabby Petito’s cause of death?

Gabby Petito’s cause of death is still under investigation, according to authorities.

On September 19, 2021, it was announced that authorities in Wyoming had found a body in the area where the search for Petito has been underway.

Shortly after news of the body was announced, the FBI and National Park Services announced they will make a statement regarding the search later that evening.

“BREAKING: Body found where Gabby Petito search is underway in Wyoming, no confirmation of identity – Fox News confirms,” Fox News correspondent and anchor Jacqui Heinrich said in a tweet.


During a press conference at 6pm ET, authorities confirmed finding remains that match Petito’s identity.

Officials have informed Petito’s family of their discovery and are still investigating the case.

An FBI spokesperson asked for the public to send Petito’s family their thoughts as they “mourn the loss” of their daughter.

What has Gabby Petito’s family said about her death?

Petito’s father Joseph posted a touching tribute to his daughter on Instagram amid authority’s news.

Joseph shared a photo of Gabby standing before a wall with painted wings, writing: “#gabbypetito she touched the world.”

Petito’s mother has yet to make a statement about her daughter’s death.

Where is Gabby Petito’s fiance Brian Laundrie?

On September 1, Laundrie returned home from the couple’s cross-country trip and has hired an attorney but is not cooperating with the police. 

The details of when he returned are unknown; the family says Laundrie is not speaking about what happened.

Detectives have opened an investigation into the case of Petito and police have revealed he is now a “person of interest.”

As of September 18, 2021, police have slammed false reports that Laundrie has been found as the search for his whereabouts continues.

On Saturday, the North Port police department tweeted a photo of officers at Carlton Reserve, writing: “The North Port Police Department, FBI, and agency partners are currently conducting a search of the vast Carlton Reserve for Brian Laundrie.

“His family says they believe he entered the area earlier this week. More details when available.”

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The US Sun team?

Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS



Previous articleNYT under fire for describing Iranian nuclear scientist as 'lover of poetry'
Next articleAaron Ramsdale stakes claim for Arsenal No 1 spot as Bernd Leno faces tough task to unseat £25m man

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here