Tyson Fury confirms he will face Dillian Whyte NEXT after blasting Anthony Joshua and Eddie Hearn for turning down £67m super-fight as the Gypsy King labels pair ‘the worst two businessmen in history’ amid stepaside offer to take on Oleksandr Usyk
- Tyson Fury has confirmed he will take on British challenger Dillian Whyte next
- Whyte is the Gypsy King’s mandatory challenger for his WBC heavyweight title
- Fury had been linked with a unification bout with Oleksandr Usyk this year
- Anthony Joshua was offered a stepaside deal to allow Fury to fight Usyk
- However, Fury claims that AJ has rejected the deal, and a big payday as a result
- The Gypsy King labelled AJ and Hearn ‘the two worst businessmen in history’
Tyson Fury has vowed to ‘annihilate’ Dillian Whyte after confirming that he will face his British challenger next, having blasted heavyweight rival Anthony Joshua for blowing a £67million super-fight.
The heavyweight landscape has been engulfed by uncertainty in recent weeks, with the WBC on Wednesday delaying purse bids for Fury’s mandatory defence against Dillian Whyte for a fourth time.
Meanwhile, Joshua has reportedly been offered a £15million stepaside deal to cancel his rematch with WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO king Oleksandr Usyk, allowing Fury to fight the Ukrainian in an undisputed clash.
Tyson Fury has confirmed that he will take on DIllian Whyte next for the heavyweight title
If AJ agreed to the deal, he would have been afforded the first shot at the winner of Fury v Usyk, allowing for a huge payday.
However, Fury last night suggested that Joshua has rejected the deal, and on Thursday released a video saying he ‘can’t wait’ to get his hands on Whyte next.
‘I can’t wait to punch Dillian Whyte’s face right in mate,’ he said. ‘I’m going to give him the best hiding he’s ever had in his life boy. Dillian Whyte, train hard sucker, ‘cos you’re getting annihilated bum.’
Fury’s latest update comes after he branded AJ and his promotor, Eddie Hearn, as ‘the worst businessmen in history’ after turning down a stepaside deal this week.
‘I had to do this video, Eddie Hearn and Anthony Joshua have to be the worst two damn businessmen in history. Today they lost 90 million dollars, god damn sons of b******,’ he said on Instagram.
The subject of Joshua’s stepaside offer has stirred debate among fans and pundits, with many believing that the deal is a no-brainer for the Watford man, who is reeling from a one-sided defeat by Usyk last September.
Tyson Fury has blasted Anthony Joshua and Eddie Hearn for spurning a mega-money offer
Joshua and Hearn are deliberating over the future amid reports of a £15m stepaside deal
The Gypsy King (R) wants AJ to stepaside to allow a unification fight against Oleksandr Usyk (L)
AJ is on the hunt for a new trainer, and with the rematch believed to take place in the next few months, a stepaside deal would allow the Olympic champion more time to prepare for either Fury or Usyk with his team settled.
However, such a strategic ploy may affect his reputation, with Joshua insisting that he is a throwback fighter – game to take on any comer.
Eddie Hearn said: ‘There has been an offer, there’s been several discussions with myself. I can’t rule it out, it’s not my job. AJ’s the boss – he will rule it out or not rule it out.
Fury claims AJ has rejected the deal, spurning a £67m payday, and brandished the pair the ‘two worst businessmen in history’
‘He’s very smart about the plan. He won’t want to do it. Sometimes you have to think with your head. There is a smart play here somewhere but Anthony is not about the money.
‘If the plan makes sense from a development point of view – working with a new trainer, maybe having a fight first, going into a much bigger fight – yeah, I can see the sense in it.
‘But with Anthony it’s never been a case of, “Here’s some money, does it tempt you?” Because he’s not about that, he’s a throwback fighter, he’s about legacy.
‘All he’s thinking about at the moment is beating Oleksandr Usyk.’