TRAVIS Scott’s offer to pay for an Astroworld victim’s funeral has been rejected.
The news comes as the child’s family called the rapper’s journey “painful.”
Travis’ offer to pay for an Astroworld victims’ funeral was rejected[/caption]
The young victims’ family said Travis’s journey will be ‘painful’[/caption]
Travis, 30, previously offered to pay for the funeral expenses for 9-year-old Ezra Blount, who was the youngest victim to die during the rapper’s set at the fatal Astroworld Festival.
However, Ezra’s family denied the offer in an emotional letter obtained by Rolling Stone on Monday.
Blount family lawyer Bob Hilliard wrote in response to the offer: “Your client’s offer is declined.
“I have no doubt Mr. Scott feels remorse.
“His journey ahead will be painful.
“He must face and hopefully see that he bears some of the responsibility for this tragedy.”
Most read in Celebrity
SHERI SMASH HORROR
Sheridan Smith in high-speed crash as she smashes Range Rover into tree
LITTLE MIX UP
Jesy Nelson 'mortified' after puckering up to Leigh-Anne Pinnock’s ex
Charlotte Crosby steps out with convicted criminal boyfriend and his MUM
price to pay
Katie Price living in £51 a night hotel after Carl says they've 'got no house'
Chanelle Hayes shows off trim figure in gym gear – but all's not as it seems
Danielle Lloyd reveals daughter's name – and the 'special' meaning behind it
According to the outlet, Travis’ offer was sent to Hilliard and his co-counsel Ben Crump last Wednesday by his lawyer Daniel Petrocelli.
Ezra’s funeral took place on November 23 in Texas.
The rapper’s lawyer wrote at the time: “Travis is devastated by the tragedy that occurred at the Astroworld Festival and grieves for the families whose loved ones died or were injured.
“Travis is committed to doing his part to help the families who have suffered and begin the long process of healing in the Houston community.
“Toward that end, Travis would like to pay for the funeral expenses for Mr. Blount’s son.”
Ten people died following the Astroworld Festival, while hundreds were injured.
It was revealed lat week that another victim’s family is suing Travis.
High school freshman John Hilgert, 14, was among concertgoers who died at the festival in Houston, Texas on November 5.
John’s family filed a lawsuit Wednesday against Travis, Live Nation Worldwide, and others.
According to PEOPLE, his dad Chris Hilgert said: “The pain of our loss from our son John not making it home alive from an event such as this is intolerable.
“He was a beautiful young man who simply wanted to enjoy his first concert event with his friends, whom he treasured spending time with more than anything.”
The teen wanted to get the event early so he could get a good spot, The Houston Chronicle reported.
The lawsuit alleges that “gross negligence” and “reckless disregard” for the teen’s safety” resulted in “his injuries and subsequent death.”
Court documents claim: “Defendants egregiously failed in their duty to protect the health, safety, and lives of those in attendance at the concert.”
The lawsuit, which was filed by lawyer Richard Mithoff, is seeking $1million in damages.
John’s parents Chris and Nichole say they want to prevent a similar incident from happening at another concert.
MORE LEGAL DRAMA
Additionally, Travis is facing several other lawsuits following the tragedy.
Texas-based attorney Thomas J. Henry filed a lawsuit against Kylie Jenner’s baby daddy and others involved on behalf of all of the Astroworld victims.
Mr Henry stated: “The defendants stood to make an exorbitant amount of money off of this event, and they still chose to cut corners, cut costs, and put attendees at risk.”
In an interview with Hollywood Life, Henry claimed the injuries his clients sustained after the Astroworld crowd surge ranged from heart attacks, brain injuries to broken bones, extensive bruising, and bleeding.
The attorney said: “Those who were injured are still very traumatized because they had to step over dead bodies.
“The crushing effect was so heavy and so hard. They couldn’t breathe. They couldn’t get out.”
He filed the lawsuit against parties such as Scott, Apple Music, Live Nation, NRG Stadium, and guest performer Drake.
Two security guards who worked at the Astroworld festival also filed a lawsuit, claiming they sustained injuries.
Lawsuits from concertgoers Manuel Souza and Kristian Paredes claim both negligence and gross negligence against Travis and the entertainment company.
Souza called the incident “predictable and preventable” according to court documents. He claims that “red flags” were allegedly ignored by festival organizers.
He alleged that people climbed security gates as the festival was opening up.
DailyMail.com reported that Paredes named Drake, 35, as a defendant in their suit.
The complaint alleges that Drake helped “incite the crowd” as he came on stage alongside Travis.
Paredes said that anyone who organized security for the event, including Travis, did a poor job of planning and keeping people safe.
Travis has been hit with a number of lawsuits following the tragedy[/caption]
Drake was also hit with lawsuits for the fatal festival[/caption]
Travis is expecting his second child with girlfriend Kylie[/caption]