Home News Princess Catherine’s uncle gives cryptic response to question about her health

Princess Catherine’s uncle gives cryptic response to question about her health



Princess Catherine of Wales’ uncle is sounding off on her recovery from abdominal surgery earlier this year, amid rampant speculation about her condition both in and outside the palace.

Gary Goldsmith, the younger brother of Kate’s mother, Carole Middleton, hesitated to answer after the princess’ whereabouts when asked by fellow “Celebrity Big Brother U.K.” contestant Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu on this week’s season 23 premiere.

“So, because she doesn’t want to talk about it…” started Goldsmith, 58, according to a video shared Wednesday to the TikTok account, Big Bro Memes.

“We can’t talk about it,” Cülcüloğlu concluded.

“The last thing I’m going to do is — there’s a kind of code of etiquette. If it’s announced, I’ll give you an opinion,” continued Goldsmith, as Cülcüloğlu expressed her well wishes. “I think the most important thing … she’s getting the best care in the world.”

He noted “the family has put the wagons down” and is looking “after family first, before anything else.” Goldsmith then pointed to Kensington Palace’s limited statements about the matter and their repeated message that, “She just takes some time to recoup and we’ll see you [at] Easter.”

Goldsmith’s remarks come amid conspiracy theories related to Kate Middleton’s whereabouts, with even those at the palace “unsettled by uncertainty,” as royal biographer Sally Bedell Smith told People in this week’s cover story.

Kensington announced on Jan. 17 that the 42-year-old Princess of Wales had undergone a “successful” — and previously scheduled — abdominal surgery the day prior. As a result, they noted she would likely be out of commission until after Easter.

A palace insider also told People that the “radio silence” surrounding her condition isn’t just for the public — which has occasionally been assured that Kate is “doing well.” The vagueness is just as present at the palace.

Speculation and conspiracy theories — including that the royal is in a coma due to complications from the procedure — reached an all-time high last week when the Prince of Wales suddenly pulled out of a memorial service for his godfather, King Constantine of Greece, who died last year. Prince William, 41, cited personal reasons for his absence, which only intensified the rumor mill.

Kensington again insisted the princess was “doing well,” but shortly thereafter made a rare statement slamming the theories.

“We were very clear from the outset that the Princess of Wales was out until after Easter and Kensington Palace would only be providing updates when something was significant,” the palace said last Thursday.

Within days, Kate was photographed riding shotgun in an Audi driven by her mother. It was the first time she’d been spotted in public since Christmas.

The princess’ off-the-grid approach is in stark contrast to King Charles’ slightly more public-facing one.

The monarch, 75, was hospitalized for an enlarged prostate at at the same time as Kate’s surgery. It wasn’t long before he announced a cancer diagnosis. Though he has largely flown under the radar, Charles has been seen in public multiple times. However, he too was absent from Constantine’s memorial.

The royal family last week also suffered the loss of Thomas Kingston, the 45-year-old financier husband of Charles’ second cousin Lady Gabriella Kingston. Kingston, who reportedly also once dated Kate’s sister Pippa, died of a “traumatic head wound.” He was found with a firearm near his body, according to local officials.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here