Mr Morgan had caused a furious backlash when he said he didn’t believe “a word” Meghan had said – including about her own mental health. His comments sparked an angry reaction, with 41,000 people complaining to regulator Ofcom.
Speaking outside his home on this morning, Mr Morgan said he is “always in talks with people” about other jobs.
He commented: “I think it’s fair to say, although the woke crowd will think that they’ve cancelled me, I think they will be rather disappointed when I re-emerge.”
During her Oprah interview, add comma Meghan revealed she had been struggling with her mental health, including suicidal thoughts, since joining the Royal Family.
She also said a senior royal figure had raised the skin tone of her baby as a concern with Prince Harry.
Mr Morgan stood by his comments after his “amicable” separation from Good Morning Britain.
He said: “I’m just going to take it easy and see how we go.
“I believe in freedom of speech, I believe in the right to be allowed to have an opinion.
“If people want to believe Meghan Markle, that’s entirely their right.
READ MORE: ‘Didn’t want to hear the truth’ Whoopi Goldberg blasts Piers walk-off
On Tuesday Mr Morgan walked off set following an on-air spat with Good Morning Britain weather presenter Alex Beresford.
Mr Beresford accused the show’s co-host of “diabolical” behaviour, adding the Sussexes “had an overwhelming amount of negative press”.
ITV announced Mr Morgan was leaving the show in a statement later that day.
It said: “Following discussions with ITV, Piers Morgan has decided now is the time to leave Good Morning Britain.
“ITV has accepted this decision and has nothing further to add.”
During Meghan’s interview with Ms Winfrey the Duchess admitted she got to the state where she “just didn’t want to be alive anymore”.
She accused Buckingham Palace of failing to protect her and criticised her treatment by the press and from some on social media.
It is understood Mr Morgan will continue writing his column for the Mail on Sunday and MailOnline.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex stood down as senior members of the Royal Family in March 2020.
They are currently living in an £11.2 million mansion in Santa Barbara, north of Los Angeles.