A DOG lover says her two French bulldogs died of suspected heatstroke while being looked after by a pet-sitting company.
Steph Pendleton, 61, claims four-year-olds Lila and Phab were left in a car unsupervised by Pet Patrol Club.
French bulldogs Lily and Phab died of suspected heatstroke[/caption]
She and partner Steve were told when they went to pick them up after a boating holiday.
Retired Steph had the dogs from eight weeks old and said: “I’m tortured by what my girls went through and the death they had.
“My life has been blown apart.”
“We’d never left them with anyone before, so I really made sure we prepared and tried our best to do our due diligence.”
Most read in The Sun
'CURSE OF COVID'
Strictly star Ugo Monye splits from wife just days before new series
ONE'S BEEN SERVED
Prince Andrew SERVED with papers over bombshell sex assault allegations
a bright arrival
EastEnders’ Kellie Bright, 45, gives birth to ‘miracle' third child
The Chase's Jenny Ryan almost unrecognisable as she appears at the NTAs
‘FROZEN WITH FEAR’
Mum hears man's voice on hacked baby monitor saying her child is ‘cute’
Katie Price 'flirts with younger man at NTAs but rejects her for being too old'
Steph, 61, of Bridgend, South Wales, reported the deaths to the RSPCA.
It would not comment for data reasons. Cowbridge-based Pet Patrol Club has not commented.