Home U.K National Tea Day: Britain's best cuppa revealed – did your favourite brew...

National Tea Day: Britain's best cuppa revealed – did your favourite brew take the crown?

0


Yorkshire Tea came top of the poll of 1,000 people, fighting off the likes of Clipper and PG Tips in a tightly fought contest which also revealed whether Britons put milk in their cups before or after the tea. Tetley and Twinings came in second and third place respectively.

The research also found that 58 percent of Britons count teabags as an essential item when packing for a holiday.

More than one third of people have about four cups of tea a day, and lockdown has seemingly boosted consumption.

The poll by Gorgeous Cottages found 25-34 year olds have seen the largest increase in brewing tea, up by 48 percent.

Most participants claimed to enjoy tea because of the warmth and comfort it provides.

Entering the debate of how best to make a brew, 35 percent of people put milk in their tea before the water, with the remaining 65 percent doing it the other way around.

Yorkshire Tea has since taken to Twitter to celebrate the news with a whimsical message.

The tweet read: “Happy National Yorkshire Tea Day! Sorry, we mean happy National Tea Day. Apparently other teas are available. #NationalTeaDay”

YouGov took the opportunity to share similar findings from research it conducted in 2018.

READ MORE: Swapping cup of tea for cappuccino adds £57million to household bills

A third joined the discussing, writing: “There are two kinds of Britons: people who prefer @YorkshireTea, and people who are wrong.”

Similarly, one user said: “Nothing but the best in the office, Yorkshire all the way!”

There were, however, some users with a differing opinion on tea.

One wrote: “Sorry, but in any form, tea is rank. Coffee rules.”

A second agreed, saying: “So weak, better drink water.”



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here