Me time! Sandra Lee is snapped in Malibu as her ‘sex pest’ ex-boyfriend Andrew Cuomo’s brother Chris faces CNN probe for secretly helping draft responses to harassment scandal
- Sandra Lee, 55, dated Andrew Cuomo, 63, for 14 years until their split in September 2019
- Lee has since November 2019 lived in Malibu, in a $3.4 million oceanfront mansion
- On Monday the Cuomo family was rocked by revelations from the New York Attorney General the Andrew’s brother Chris had been involved in strategy
- Chris, a CNN anchor, has previously said he was a sounding board for his older brother but insisted he was not part of the then-governor’s team
- CNN have said they are reviewing Chris’s future at the network in light of the revelations
- Lee meanwhile was seen with her new boyfriend, Algerian actor Ben Youcef, returning home from the grocery store
The former ‘first girlfriend’ of New York was spotted in California on Monday as her ex Andrew Cuomo and his family were facing further fallout from the sexual harassment scandal.
Sandra Lee, 55, was with Cuomo for 14 years, separating in September 2019.
She is now dating Ben Youcef, a 42-year-old Algerian-born actor.
Her ex-boyfriend – who resigned in August after 12 women accused him of harassment – was on Monday wrestling with the latest revelations from the New York attorney general.
Letitia James issued a report which found that Andrew Cuomo’s brother Chris, a CNN anchor, had been heavily involved in preparing the then-governor’s responses.
Chris has previously denied being part of his brother’s team, saying he was simply his brother.
CNN have said they are now investigating, and will decide in the coming days whether Chris has contravened their journalistic ethics codes.
Lee, meanwhile, was snapped outside her $3.4 million oceanfront Malibu mansion on the other side of the country.
Sandra Lee and her boyfriend Ben Youcef are seen on Monday returning to her Malibu home after going shopping for groceries
Lee has since November 2019 lived in a 1,700 sq ft home in Malibu, which she bought for $3.4 million
Youcef, an Algerian-born actor, was seen on Monday carrying the shopping in from the car
The chef, whose 25 cookbooks have sold more than a million copies, sold the home she and Cuomo shared in Westchester, New York, in December 2020.
In November 2019 she bought a $3.4 million two-bedroom oceanfront house in Malibu.
She has said that she wishes her ex the best, and said they spoke daily during the height of the pandemic.
In 2015, Lee was diagnosed with breast cancer and opted for a double mastectomy, with Cuomo being praised as a strong source of support.
Lee said in April 2020 that she remained particularly close to Cuomo’s three adult daughters.
‘They’re my family, and they always will be my family,’ Lee told The New York Times.
Speaking before the Westchester house was sold, she added: ‘We share a home, we share children, we share friendship.
‘I will protect him and be there for him until the day I die.’
Cuomo and Lee are seen together in October 2013, at an Elton John AIDS Foundation gala