Home World Jay Slater search update as mum reveals new sighting of missing teen...

Jay Slater search update as mum reveals new sighting of missing teen in Tenerife


Jay Slater’s mum has vowed to remain in Tenerife “as long as it takes” as police probe a fresh sighting of her missing son.

Debbie Duncan, 55, disclosed that someone claims to have spotted her son walking with two men last Monday evening. Jay was last seen that morning asking about a bus back to the south of Tenerife, where he was holidaying with friends.

She said: “Somebody has come forward to say they saw someone who they thought was Jay walking back down the road sat on a bench.

“He was with two men looking a bit worse for wear, and they were by a church, this guy has come forward and told the police about it and they are looking into it. We don’t know if it was Jay for sure, but it’s a start.

“They said it was about 6pm which is ten hours after he was seen by the lady in the village. But if it was him what was he doing there and who are these two men?”

Jay, from Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, vanished after attempting to trek back to his accommodation having missed a bus. He was last seen partying at the NRG music festival on the island with two friends he went on holiday with.

Speaking to the Daily Mail, Debbie said: “All I know is that I am going to stay here for as long as it takes, I’m not going home unless it’s with Jay. I’m not going anywhere until they find him.”

Adding to her despair, she expressed her dissatisfaction over the Spanish police’s refusal of assistance from the Lancashire police force.

In her words: “I had a screaming and shouting day when I had the meeting with the police. I know the Spanish police mean well, but the problem we are having is the language barrier, we just don’t seem to be getting told. I’m sure they are doing their best.

“They told me they had used dogs and drones and then they said Lancashire police had offered their resources but they turned it down, but I think that would have really helped. I would feel happier if our people were over helping. It’s just so difficult not knowing where he is, the area and the terrain is rough, but the police were saying that now there are too many people up there and it could interfere with their investigation.”

The search has reached its sixth day as of Saturday and police, rescue dogs and firefighters are all searching Rural de Teno Park – the last location logged by Slater’s phone.

It comes after Debby said people had been “hacking” into her son’s social media account, describing them as “sick in the head”.

A GoFundMe page was set up to go towards search efforts and a Facebook page to help find him, which had raised more than £26,000 of its £30,000 target by Saturday afternoon.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here