I’M A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! will return to TV tonight after Storm Arwen wreaked havoc on the set and forced the show off air for three days.
ITV has confirmed to The Sun that the set has been made safe and is in a fit state to welcome the celebs, and hosts Ant and Dec, back.
While the camp was badly affected by the storms brutal winds and icy temperatures, an inspection of Gwrych Castle miraculously revealed it suffered no damage.
ITV had been forced to cancel this weekend and Monday night’s episodes, and in turn temporarily relocate campmates.
The Sun revealed the show would be making a comeback after many feared the it might be axed completely because of the extensive damage.
ITV bosses confirmed: “I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! will return from tomorrow night (Tuesday 30th November) on ITV and ITV Hub with a brand new show. Ant & Dec will be back presenting live from the Castle.”
Contestants will face a new live trial on Wednesday night, and the public vote for who’ll take it on will open in tonight’s show, with Ant and Dec presenting live from the castle.
“Production worked round the clock to get the site back up and running after Storm Arwen caused substantial damage over the weekend,” a source said.
Most read in TV
AFTER THE STORM
Find out if I'm a Celebrity is FINALLY back on tonight
GET THEM IN THERE
I'm A Celeb WILL return – after being axed again tonight amid storm fears
How Jess Wright hid her baby bump with clever Instagram tricks
EastEnders' Gurlaine Garcha is unrecognisable from character Ash in a bikini
GIN & BEAR IT
David Ginola 'broke HUGE I'm A Celeb rule and was told off by bosses'
Top Gear fans gutted as Freddie Flintoff goes AWOL and brand show "rubbish"
Instead of I’m A Celebrity, Freddie and Jamie’s DNA Journey was aired at 9pm yesterday instead.
The celebrity contestants were returned to quarantine on Saturday as bosses made the decision to remove them from camp.
Read our I’m A Celeb 2021 live blog for the latest updates
ITV confirmed in a statement: “Whilst we get the production base back up and running after suffering technical issues due to the storm, we have removed the celebrities from the castle.”
The quarantine conditions for the celebs were the same as before they joined the show.
If they came into contact with anybody outside of I’m A Celeb’s secure Covid bubble, they wouldn’t be allowed to return to camp – with Richard Madeley forced out of the show after just four days due to a hospital dash.
It was previously reported that the show’s production area “looks like a bomb has hit it”, with “terrified” crew almost blown off their feet.
Pictures showed marquees ripped to shreds, and roofs and canopies ripped from structures after gales ravaged the location.
It comes after the show was forced off air due to damage from Storm Arwen[/caption]
The storm wreaked havoc on the Welsh set and ITV was forced to pause production[/caption]
Fans were worried the show might not make it back on air after the unprecedented chaos of the first week[/caption]
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The Sun Showbiz team?
Email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220 .
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.