The full list of foods high in saturated fat:
- Milk and white chocolate, toffee, cakes, puddings and biscuits
- Pastries and pies
- Fatty meat, such as lamb chops
- Processed meat, such as sausages, burgers, bacon and kebabs
- Butter, lard, ghee, dripping, margarine, goose fat and suet
- Coconut and palm oils and coconut cream
Full-fat dairy products such as cream, milk, yogurt, crème fraiche and cheese
The cholesterol charity Heart UK encouraged people to replace these foods with foods that contain more unsaturated fat.
This means swapping butter, margarine and coconut oil for olive, rapeseed and sunflower oil.
Instead of fatty cuts of meat or processed meat, opt for lean chicken or turkey.
READ MORE: How to live longer: Walking every day promotes longevity