Football legend Pele readmitted to intensive care three days after leaving hospital following an operation to remove a colon tumour
- Brazil legend Pele has re-entered ICU in an apparent deterioration of his health
- Pele left hospital on Tuesday following the removal of a colon tumour this month
- The Sao Paulo’s Albert Einstein Hospital said it had no new information
Brazil football legend Pele has re-entered an intensive care unit at Sao Paulo’s Albert Einstein Hospital, ESPN Brasil reported on Friday.
The Brazilian was readmitted in an apparent deterioration of his health after he left the unit earlier this week. The hospital said it had no new information.
ESPN Brasil said Pele, an 80-year-old, three-time World Cup winner, was re-admitted to the ICU due to acid reflux. He had a colon tumour removed this month and was transferred out of the ICU on Tuesday.
After leaving the ICU, he said in a message to fans on Instagram that he was ready for ’90 minutes, plus extra time.’
Pele has suffered from hip problems for years and cannot walk unaided. His public appearances were already being cut before the COVID-19 pandemic and since then he has made few unnecessary forays outside his house near Santos.
Brazil legend Pele has re-entered an intensive care unit t Sao Paulo’s Albert Einstein Hospital