Everton owner Farhad Moshiri insists Rafa Benitez will NOT be sacked and needs more time, despite fury from fans over their awful run of form and a humiliating Merseyside derby defeat
- Everton owner Farhad Moshiri insists under-fire Rafa Benitez will not be sacked
- The Toffees lost 4-1 to Liverpool in the Merseyside derby at Goodison Park
- The defeat means Everton have now gone eight matches without a victory
- It prompted furious scenes in the stands and calls for huge change at the club
- But Moshiri insists Benitez is going nowhere and needs more time at the helm
Everton owner Farhad Moshiri has insisted Rafa Benitez will not be sacked despite growing calls from supporters for him to go.
The Toffees’ awful run of form plunged to new depths with a humiliating 4-1 defeat by Liverpool in the Merseyside derby at Goodison Park.
The humbling extended their dire run without a win to eight matches – their worst sequence since 1999 – and only two points in that time has left the side in 14th place just five points above the bottom three.
Furious supporters made their feelings clear during and after the match with some calling for director of football Marcel Brands to be sacked while others made it clear they want Benitez to go, despite the Spaniard only arriving in the summer.
However, speaking to talkSPORT on Thursday morning, Moshiri insisted Benitez is going nowhere and needs more time to make his mark on the club.
More to follow.
Everton owner Farhad Moshiri insists Rafa Benitez will not be sacked despite their poor form