THE Carabao Cup final is here!
Thomas Tuchel looks to build on his Club World Cup success this season as Chelsea take on
Liverpool in a mouth-watering clash at Wembley, but what happens if game is all square after 90 minutes?
Despite being knocked out early on, Manchester City are the current holders having won it FOUR times in a row[/caption]
Will the EFL Cup final go to extra-time and penalties if needed?
- If the score-line is level after 90 minutes, the match WILL go to extra-time and penalties if required.
- The match would only go straight to penalties when two teams couldn’t be separated after 90 minutes during the first five rounds of the competition.
When is the EFL Cup final?
- The 2022 EFL Cup final will be played on Sunday, February 27 between Chelsea and Liverpool.
- It is scheduled to kick-off at 4:30pm UK time with coverage commencing at 3:30pm – an hour before the opening whistle.
- Wembley will host the EFL Cup final.
Most read in Football
West Ham land nightmare Europa tie against Sevilla while Rangers draw Red Star
Russia STRIPPED of Champions League final as European city to host major event
Vitali Klitschko reveals he WILL serve Ukraine in war after Russia invasion
SIGNAL OF INTENT
Poland, Sweden & Czech Rep REFUSE to travel to Russia for WC play-off
Fury lets trainer live RENT-FREE in his stunning Las Vegas mansion
DON'T LOOK BACK ELANGA
England will miss out on 'next Henry' Elanga if Southgate dithers
“The number of fans permitted will be dependent on Government guidance in place at the time.
“And it is hoped that moving the date to later in the year will give clubs and their fans the best opportunity to attend in person.”