Home Tv & Show Boy, 15, jailed after killing takeaway boss, 53, by running him over...

Boy, 15, jailed after killing takeaway boss, 53, by running him over with his own car

361
0


A TEENAGE robber who ran over and killed a takeaway boss as he stole his Mercedes has been sentenced to four years and nine months’ detention.

Mohammed Islam, 53, clung on to his car while shouting “No! No! No!” but he went “flying” as the then 14-year-old “floored” his vehicle in Stockport, Greater Manchester, a court heard.

MEN Media

Tributes were paid in court to ‘hard-working’ Mohammed Islam[/caption]

MEN Media

The fatal carjacking resulted in the death of the popular restaurant boss[/caption]

MEN Media

Police investigating the shocking killing of 53-year-old Mohammed Islam inRomiley, Stockport[/caption]

The restaurant owner suffered unsurvivable brain injuries when the car was driven over his head, and he died two days later in hospital on January 10, 2021.

Now aged 15, the boy – who cannot be named for legal reasons – has admitted the shocking killing of the Marple Spice boss.

The teen, who pleaded guilty to manslaughter and conspiracy to steal, was part of a gang of thieves who had been out looking for a car to steal.

They came across Mr Islam who was driving his ‘cherished’ Mercedes C-Class, which his children had bought him for his 25th wedding anniversary.

A resident said they saw the teen speed off “at the sort of speed I have seen on Top Gear when they completely floor it”.

Mr Islam managed to hold on for about 30 metres, but he was tossed into the road and run over.


The killer then posted adverts on social media to try and sell the car – still trying to flog it off until the day Mr Islam died, and he was arrested.

But by chance, a friend of Mr Islam’s son spotted the car being driven in Denton.

They followed it to a wooded area in the town, and alerted the cops.

When the boy was later arrested at his grandma’s house, his phone was seized and it was discovered he had searched online for Marple Spice, hours after the dad was run over.

Judge Nicholas Dean QC told Manchester Crown Court that the dead man’s family “have had a light extinguished in their life”.

He added: “The profound grief of the family will live with them for many years. I am quite sure that their father will never be forgotten.”

Simon Csoka QC, defending, said the boy has a low IQ, but understood “the enormity of the loss he has caused”.

Mr Islam’s daughter, Nasrin Choudhory, told the court how her family feels “broken” without him.

The Manchester Evening News applied for reporting restrictions to be lifted so the killer could be identified, but a judge said revealing his identity could have “adverse consequences as far as his future is concerned”.

Connor Read, 19, who admitted conspiracy to steal after being part of the gang that night, avoided jail.

Previous articleBlinken to testify before Senate panel next week about Afghanistan withdrawal
Next articleMarried at First Sight UK 2021 latest: Tayah’s mum shocks Adam with harsh truth as Jordan struggles to bond with Alexis

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here