Home News ‘All That’ star Lori Beth Denberg accuses Dan Schneider of sexual misconduct

‘All That’ star Lori Beth Denberg accuses Dan Schneider of sexual misconduct



Former “All That” star Lori Beth Denberg has joined the list of Nickelodeon alums accusing Dan Schneider of sexual misconduct, claiming the embattled writer and producer showed her porn and initiated phone sex when she was just a teenager.

The “Good Burger 2” actress starred in four seasons of “All That,” between 1994 and 1998, when Schneider was a head writer on the comedy series.

In an interview published Tuesday, Denberg, 48, claimed Schneider asked for a meeting around her 19th birthday, during which he allegedly showed her clips of pornography on his computer. She said one of the clips featured a woman performing oral sex on a donkey.

“I feel like that is the first time he preyed on me,” the former actress told Business Insider.

She went on to describe their relationship as a “weird, abusive friendship” — one in which she said she would have sleepovers at his house, where they’d watch porn and give each other massages.

Schneider — known for creating multiple Nickelodeon hits including “The Amanda Show,” “Drake & Josh,” “Zoey 101” and “iCarly” — swiftly hit back at the new claims, calling them “wildly exaggerated and, in most cases, false.”

“As I have previously stated, there were times, particularly in the early years of my career, that I made mistakes and exhibited poor judgment as a leader,” he told TMZ. “If I did that with respect to Lori Beth, I sincerely apologize to her. But I cannot apologize for things I did not do.”

The 58-year-old producer has lately been the subject of public scrutiny amid the release of Investigation Discovery’s “Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV,” which depicts him as a child sex offender.

In the docuseries, former Nickelodeon employees describe abusive and inappropriate behavior they experienced while working for Schneider, including discrimination against females and the inclusion of sexually coded content throughout series designed for underage viewers.

In a May 1 lawsuit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, Schneider sued the creators of the docuseries — including Warner Bros. Discovery and Sony Pictures Television — claiming he suffered mentally and financially from the impact of the documentary.

While admitting to being a “bad leader,” Schneider’s lawsuit said he was not aware of any child abuse happening in connection to his shows, and “condemned the abuse once it was discovered.”

Schneider specifically took issue what what he claims was manipulative editing to make it appear that he had sexually abused children on his shows.

He is seeking unspecified damages.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here